Business Mapping & Mind Mapping of new requirements
In order for a company to understand what its needs, it needs to document the current business processes & this will differ for each customer.
We normally have a interview to determine:
- Which departments or possesses of the business needs to be mapped.
- Clarify what the mapping will be used for.
- Clarify & list the role players that needs to be interviewed.
- Clarify & list the decisions makers that needs to be updated on progress made.
- Clarify deliverables & time frame to be provided from mapping.
- Present ball park cost estimate & suggested time frame & working hours.
- Get contracts and Non Disclosure Agreement signed.
- Deposit paid.
- Schedule date & time to start with orientation & interviews.
We look at all processes, all documentation used, all filling and archiving done when the transaction is completed.
Case study: Nutritional production company
Brief: Client is investigating a system to be build to:
- Handle the pricing of products based on quantities of raw materials used and current supplier prices.
- Manage stock levels of raw materials & track the estimated usage as required by quotations created.
- Ease the quoting process for very large range of products all to be produced on-order and in short delivery cycle.
- Automated production of orders based on quotes approved
- Track production process
- Track raw material usage based on limited raw material availability and ease ordering of raw material from suppliers.
- Managed the transportation of batches of products as completed.
- Manage, create & store records for ISO required documentation & sample guidelines.
- Invoicing & delivery notes
- Manage surplus stock & product recycling
- Site inspection & orientation from where raw materials are brought into stock, issued to production, mixed, send to packaging and completed products are pending delivery
- Overview of staff involved
- Demonstration of sales cycle
- Daily interviews on a schedule of
- 1 hour - feedback to decision makers on previous day progress.
- 2 hours - interviews to discuss next step in process with all supporting documentation of the processes discussed.
- 30 min - planning & appointments for next day.
- 30 min - updating uncertainties for previous day
- 3 hours - documenting & mind mapping days interviews
Deliverables & Time frame for case study:
- Business map of current process
- User requirement specification (URS) needed from system to replace current possesses
- Wireframe of all screens required for new system
- Time frame for business mapping - 2 weeks, writing URS & Wireframes 2 weeks
*Client names & products names removed due to NDA agreements.